Who can I @mention in comments?

Mark Love
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 4, 2014

What determines the list of users who I can see when I use @mention in comments?

I thought it would be people with the "browse project" permission, or with "assignable user" but it seems to only be my group of "jira-users". I've got other users (not members of jira-users) who can log into the project, and who I can assign issues to, but I can't @mention them in comments.

What's the logic for which users I am able to @mention?

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Mark Love
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 5, 2014

Yes, I definitely entered the correct username.

After some more inveatigation, I think it seems to be taking into account the security level and only allowing you to mention users who can see the issue, which is exactly what I want it to do!

0 votes
Mark Love
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 5, 2014

Thanks George - yes, as I suspected. Jira is working in my favour today for a change!

0 votes
Julia Levcovets
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 5, 2014
0 votes
Julia Levcovets
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 5, 2014

Hi, check again - did you enter correct @username? Maybe there is a difference between name and username in their profiles

Suggest an answer