Who are service desk issues auto-assigned to?

As JIRA admin, I've been trying to figure out a way to quickly determine who all of the Service Desk issues are auto-assigned to.  I set them all up, but there are a few hundred, and it's difficult to manage assignees as they leave the company, or change responsibilities when I can't easily see who they are.  

Said another way, when a role changes for someone who I suspect may be auto-assigned to Service Desk requests, I need an easy way to see who all of my assignees are so they can be reassigned.

1 answer

Finding no other way, I asked a developer on the team to see what he could come up with.  In case you're looking for this, too, here you go:

Using this free plugin:

JIRA Home Directory And DB Browser

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/info.renjithv.jira.plugins.sysadmin.homedirectorybrowser/versions#b100840

I executed the following statement in the DB Console:

SELECT UPPER(vp.KEY) as Project, v.Name as RequestType, vpfv.VALUE as Assignee FROM AO_54307E_VIEWPORTFORM v Inner Join AO_54307E_VIEWPORTFIELD vpf on vpf.FORM_ID = v.ID Inner JOIN AO_54307E_VIEWPORTFIELDVALUE vpfv on vpfv.FIELD_ID = vpf.Id 

INNER JOIN AO_54307E_VIEWPORT vp on vp.Id = v.VIEWPORT_ID

WHERE vpfv.FIELD_NAME = 'assignee' 

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Nov 27, 2018 in Portfolio for Jira

Introducing a new planning experience in Portfolio for Jira (Server/DC)

In the past, Portfolio for Jira required a high degree of detail–foresight that was unrealistic for many businesses to   have–in   order to produce a reliable long-term roadmap. We're tur...

2,725 views 17 21
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you