Who are service desk issues auto-assigned to?

Trevan Householder_Isos-Tech-Consulting_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 28, 2016

As JIRA admin, I've been trying to figure out a way to quickly determine who all of the Service Desk issues are auto-assigned to.  I set them all up, but there are a few hundred, and it's difficult to manage assignees as they leave the company, or change responsibilities when I can't easily see who they are.  

Said another way, when a role changes for someone who I suspect may be auto-assigned to Service Desk requests, I need an easy way to see who all of my assignees are so they can be reassigned.

1 answer

0 votes
Trevan Householder_Isos-Tech-Consulting_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 5, 2016

Finding no other way, I asked a developer on the team to see what he could come up with.  In case you're looking for this, too, here you go:

Using this free plugin:

JIRA Home Directory And DB Browser

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/info.renjithv.jira.plugins.sysadmin.homedirectorybrowser/versions#b100840

I executed the following statement in the DB Console:

SELECT UPPER(vp.KEY) as Project, v.Name as RequestType, vpfv.VALUE as Assignee FROM AO_54307E_VIEWPORTFORM v Inner Join AO_54307E_VIEWPORTFIELD vpf on vpf.FORM_ID = v.ID Inner JOIN AO_54307E_VIEWPORTFIELDVALUE vpfv on vpfv.FIELD_ID = vpf.Id 

INNER JOIN AO_54307E_VIEWPORT vp on vp.Id = v.VIEWPORT_ID

WHERE vpfv.FIELD_NAME = 'assignee' 

Suggest an answer