While trying to delete a specific Story/Task I receive an error message.

Dr. Chuck January 31, 2020

While attempting to delete a Story in one of my projects, I receive an error message after clicking the big red "Delete" button. The error message reads, "We couldn't delete FS-82. Check your connection, then give it another try."

I have tried every suggestion I can find in the Community forum -- permissions; change the Story to a Task; check to ensure I am shown as a User (cannot do this, actually, because I'm running the Free version now) -- nothing will allow me to Delete this Story/Task.

Screenshot 2020-01-31 10.10.29.png

What action can I take to delete this Story/Task?

Please help!

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 3, 2020

Hello @Dr. Chuck

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

Per your description, I understand you are not being able to delete a specific Story in your project as you are using Jira free plan.

Please, allow me to bring you some concepts so we can confirm we are on the same page here:

In fact, only the users with the administrator role can delete issues in free Jira projects. To allow your own user to delete issues, you must perform the steps below:

1 - Navigate to your project settings > People > Check which is the default group configured with the Administrator role

2 - Navigate to user management > Add your user with that group

In case you already have that permission, please provide us with the error returned in the Javascript console of your browser when reproducing the error.

Suggest an answer