While on the board view I could click on a story and view it on the right. Why isn't that working?

Haris Papamichel January 3, 2018

While on the board view I could click on a story and view it on the right. Currently, when I do that the story opens as a popup. Is there a way to set it up to work like it did before? Thanks.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 3, 2018

Hi Haris,

This was a recent addition to JIRA cloud per The new Jira issue view knowledge base article:

Rather than opening a new tab or sidebar when you select an issue on a board, the new issue view appears as a dialog and keeps you in the context of the board. From there you can see all the important info for the issue, edit it inline, and get back to your board in no time.

You can turn this feature off by going to your profile and turning it off in the Labs section:

If the new issue view is on for you, but doesn't fit how you work in Jira Software right now, you can turn it off in your profile under Labs.

turnoff.png

I am aware that everyone will not see this Labs feature.  If you do not please let me know your Cloud URL and I can reach out to the Cloud team and see what we can do on this end.

Cheers,

Branden

Haris Papamichel January 3, 2018

Thanks Branden. That worked!

somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 3, 2018

Thanks for letting me know Haris.  I'm glad you had the option to disable that view in your instance!

Suggest an answer