While installing JIRA6.4, we have encountered some issues. need help with that.

Mrityunjay Kumar May 6, 2015

We have used the blank database while confirguring the JIRA6.4. Aftere configuration we tried to import the data from our XML backup of our ealier instance JIRA6.2. The back-up was completed around 80% and then we encountered the error as below. 

Start of the error log

• com.atlassian.scheduler.SchedulerRuntimeException: Failed to place scheduler service into standby modecom.atlassian.scheduler.SchedulerRuntimeException: Failed to place scheduler service into standby mode

at com.atlassian.jira.bc.dataimport.DefaultDataImportService.pauseAndFlushScheduler(DefaultDataImportService.java:699)

end of the error log

•                 at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722)

Caused by: com.atlassian.scheduler.SchedulerServiceException: The scheduler service has been shut down; it cannot be restarted.

at com.atlassian.scheduler.core.AbstractSchedulerService.standby(AbstractSchedulerService.java:187)

at com.atlassian.jira.bc.dataimport.DefaultDataImportService.pauseAndFlushScheduler(DefaultDataImportService.java:695)

... 203 more

I need help with why this have happened and how can we avoid this while rertying?

Thanks in advance.

2 answers

2 votes
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 6, 2015

Hi,

I would simply restart your old JIRA instance and retry the export once more.

It could simply have been a fluke.

Best regards,

Peter

0 votes
Dan Buffham November 16, 2015

I am having the same issue, have dropped the DB several times with the same issue... anyone figure this out?

Regards,

Dan

Suggest an answer