While connecting from Azure to Jira its failed

Smruti_Nayak March 19, 2020

ERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][JIRA] (60) API Connection Failed (Unauthorized Access). Check credentials. HTTP Response code: 403 . Activity ID: 5e5b20b8-1735-40a7-8873-cb63f46556e5

4 answers

1 vote
Frank Mueller February 10, 2021

For reference:

If you try to connect Jira from Azure Data Factory, you will need to provide an API token instead of your regular password (https://support.atlassian.com/atlassian-account/docs/manage-api-tokens-for-your-atlassian-account/ ) . Also you might need to enable enrypted endpoints (keep options below this setting on default/empty).

This is only true if you are working against a public available jira instance (for instance in atlassian cloud). There is no need to setup a private IR if you jira is accessible through public networks.

Jose Garcia September 22, 2021

This worked for me, thanks!

1 vote
Smruti_Nayak March 19, 2020

But the Linked service Connection was successful, But the tables are not loading & showing 

ERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][JIRA] (60) API Connection Failed (Unauthorized Access). Check credentials. HTTP Response code: 403 . Activity ID: b4454dac-1dfb-4c39-95e3-12c109d51353

0 votes
Arun Dawar
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 6, 2024

Hi @Smruti_Nayak /Nathan Weinrich could you please help me with this, still I am getting this below error, i have followed the same steps which @Smruti_Nayak  have mentioned.  

ERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][JIRA] (62) API Connection Failed. Forbidden Request. HTTP Response code: 401
ERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][JIRA] (62) API Connection Failed. Forbidden Request. HTTP Response code: 401

0 votes
Nathan Weinrich May 28, 2020

Did you ever figure this out?  I am having the same issue and am being sent in circles by azure support.

thanks

Smruti_Nayak May 29, 2020

Yes its working for me now. Below are the sample setting you need to do

Connect to VPN ,choose Self hosted Linked service & provide your credentials. I can see the tables now. Attached are the pics.

image.png

image.png

Suggest an answer