Which users are counted towards JIRA license limits?

AbrahamA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 25, 2012

Hello

Can you please let me know what situations users do not count towards license. I know this 1 thing

- Inactive users do not count towards license

What other situations will users do not count towards license. I did not find a good compilation.

Please let me know.

Thanks

Abe

6 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 25, 2012

There is only one condition. If the user has "JIRA Users" global permission and is active, the user is counted against the license.

1 vote
Valentijn Scholten
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 11, 2013

In JIRA 4.x there was a indicator in the JIRA user browser telling you the number of users coutning towards the license.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRACOM/Active+User+Count

In JIRA 5.x this counter has been removed (don't ask me why).

So now you have to user SQL:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/How+to+Get+a+List+of+Active+Users+Counting+Towards+the+JIRA+License

0 votes
Valentijn Scholten April 12, 2013

In my JIRA 5.2.6 it doesn't.

Possbily because I still have an old school "unlimited users" license?

Would still be usefull to know the actual number when the license expires and a new-style license is required.

0 votes
Walden Leverich April 12, 2013
The count does show up in 5 under the System Info option in Administration, specifically in the License Info section. So if you want the "official" count that's where you can get it.
0 votes
Zul NS _Atlassian_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 25, 2012

Users who are not inside the JIRA Users permission in Global Permission

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 25, 2012

Inactive users do not count as you say. This is a recent function, older versions of Jira were more simple - if a user could log in, then they counted. This is controlled by group membership - the default is to use "jira users" to mean "can log in". Check your global permissions settings for the group(s) that can log in. If an account is not in any of the login groups, then it wouldn't count.

Suggest an answer