Which tables stores JIRA Service Desk emails waiting for processing?

Dastin_Kuwałek__SoftwarePlant_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 5, 2017

My Service Desk email channel stopped processing emails. Although the connection log shows only success and emails are being marked as processed, no new issues are being created.

After digging deeper I found our about Mail ProcessorJobRunner.
In logs, during the email processing, I see error
RuntimeException: Unable to read next message IOException: invalid characters encountered in base64 data

In this case, my approach was to find the JIRA table where pulled emails are stored and remove the mail item. But it makes me wonder if one problematic email would stop the whole queue and block any further email processing.

Help will be greatly appreciated!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dastin_Kuwałek__SoftwarePlant_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 11, 2017

It turned out that recreating the Service Desk mail channel fixed the issue. More details available here:

1 vote
Patrick S
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 21, 2018

This is the table that stores the email queue. I believe the numbers are variable during installation, but the _NOTIF_BATCH_QUEUE will be consistent.

AO_4E8AE6_NOTIF_BATCH_QUEUE

Suggest an answer