Which permissions does a customer need to log in?

Jens Kisters //SeibertSolutions
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 15, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: JIRA Service Desk permissions

I put a user in the group "jira-servicedesk-users" but when i try to log in to the service portal i get 

"You do not have a permission to log in. If you think this is incorrect, please contact your JIRA administrators."

I can log in to JIRA, but i want to have it the other way around: Portal Login: Yes, JIRA Login: No

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jens Kisters //SeibertSolutions
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 15, 2016

I got it. 

The portal users must not be in any of the application groups (such as "jira-servicedesk-users"),

but they must have the project role "Service Desk Customers" for at least one project

0 votes
Andrea Carl
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 15, 2016

Each user has application access options in their user settings in user management.  One option should say something like "portal access only"

Suggest an answer