Which permission is needed to use @Username in the comment of a ticket in Jira

Hello,

It seems that only the administrators of my jira instance can use @Username or [ ~Username] to refer or address to other in the comment of the jira ticket? Which permission allows every users to do so?

Thanks for the reply

JS

3 answers

1 accepted

0 vote
Jeff Thomas Atlassian Team Dec 11, 2013

Check out Mentions are Not Working in JIRA to see if any of those steps help solve the issue.

It's likely a permission issue, so look at these two specifically:

1. Ensure that the user has the Browse User Global Permissions, as in Managing Global Permissions.
  2. The user being mentioned must have Browse Project permission for the project where they are being mentioned.

The users under JIRA Users permissions under Global permissions can be referred to in comments. All such users are termed as active and contribute towards your jira licence members.

rahul

Hello,

It was a permission issue, I fixed it thanks to your last comment.

Thank you

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,308 views 14 20
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot