Which permission governs the “Create Linked Page” option on a Sprint in Jira Agile?

Jesse Houwing July 22, 2014

We're using Jira Agile in combination with Confluence and I'm seeing that some users do not have the <kbd>Link page</kbd> and <kbd>Create Page</kbd> option in the Linked Pages section of the sprint.

The funny thing is that any confluence page created from confluence itself which is linked to any item in the sprint, is added to the section, so for me it doesn't make much sense to hide the option.

Do I really need to make people a project administrator to use this feature?

The two buttons <kbd>Link page</kbd> and <kbd>Create Page</kbd> only seem to show for project admins. How do I make them available to all people in the Developers group?

Image highlighting the missing buttons for some users

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 22, 2014

Hello Jesse! I have answered on your support ticket, but am including this information for customers that will come across this in the future.

According to our article on Getting Agile Ready with Atlassian OnDemand:

• Creating/Linking pages to an epic: Requires 'Edit Issues' permission.
    • Creating/Linking pages to an sprint/sprint report: Requires 'Project Admin' permissions
  • Confluence permissions — Your users need to have the 'Add Page' permission for the appropriate space, if you want them to create Confluence pages via JIRA Agile.

Let me know in the ticket if you have any trouble!!

Cheers,

Shannon

Am I alone in thinking it crazy that you need project admin rights to link a page from the sprint itself? If I create a page and link it to an issue in the sprint, it shows up in that list.

Joseph Sosa March 22, 2016

Just encountered this myself. Sounds incorrect.

Someone on the team can create a Confluence page pertinent to Sprint and add a link in the Confluence page to the Sprint report. (Okay).

But if you went to JIRA and viewed the Sprint report wanting to see related pages, anyone should have the capability to link pages to the sprint.

Don't see the harm in allowing this to the same permission as "Link Issues" myself.

0 votes

Am I alone in thinking it crazy that you need project admin rights to link a page from the sprint itself? If I create a page and link it to an issue in the sprint, it shows up in that list.

Suggest an answer