Which modules to select while Developing JIRA Plugin?

Alok Singh November 30, 2014

I am developing a plugin which will be shown as a new menu link just after JIRA Agile. It is going to be a full fledged plugin with it's own functionality. I am confused with the selection of modules I need to embed into my plugin. For example which are modules used by JIRA Agile. 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Paul Pasler
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 30, 2014

Hi @alok singh,

here is a good start (which I think you already found):

JIRA Plugin Development

You can download the JIRA Agile Plugin and look into the atlassian-plugin.xml to see which plugin modules are used. (A *.jar File can be extracted with many zip-Tools)

Alok Singh November 30, 2014

Thanks Paul, I searched through the atlassian-plugin.xml but could not find all the modules. In the meantime I am starting with WebItemPlugin Module to add a menu link. Is it possible to add more modules in the same project later?

Paul Pasler
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 1, 2014

It would be helpful, if you could write your usecases to decide which module is the one you're looking for. There are several module types for the same problem. It is always a good start to analyse other plugins and see what modules they use.

Paul Pasler
Marketplace Partner
December 1, 2014

And yes, it is possible to add modules later.

Alok Singh December 1, 2014

Thanks a lot Paul!

Paul Pasler
Marketplace Partner
December 1, 2014

You're welcome! Have fun developing plugin :) If this question is answered, please make sure you accept an answer so it is marked as solved.

Suggest an answer