Which module plugin use to export data of an issue?

David Sierra November 26, 2017

Hi:

I want to develop a plugin with the Atlassian SDK to export data of an issue. My goal is to have this data in a file (.txt, .doc, .pdf...) but, if is very difficult, it would be useful to export the data to another web page (like in the Atlassian tutorial of the active objects).

To do this, which module plugin use to export data of an issue?

Thanks,

David Sierra

1 answer

1 vote
Igor Sereda [ALM Works]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 27, 2017

Hi David,

I'm not sure I fully understand your question, but if your goal is to have a separate page where you'd show data of some issue, you can use either <webwork1> module or <servlet> module.

See these documentation pages: 

You can also use servlet module to output a file of any type, so that going to the servlet's address would result in file download.

Hope this helps!
Igor

David Sierra November 28, 2017

Hi Igor:

Thank you for your answer.

I have develop a webwork plugin, now I want to develop the servlet plugin, then I can decide which one is the best for my work.

Is there any example (in bitbucket) of a servlet plugin?

Greetings,

David

Igor Sereda [ALM Works]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 28, 2017
David Sierra November 29, 2017

Hi Igor:

Big thanks, I'm having an error with the plugin:

atlassian-plugin.xml contains a definition of component-import. This is not allowed when Atlassian-Plugin-Key is set.

On internet they recommend to use this https://bitbucket.org/atlassian/atlassian-spring-scanner/src/49295d62ca5f5b662af25878100083ed19f23269/pom.xml?at=master&fileviewer=file-view-default, but I don't know how to use it.

Cheers,

David

Suggest an answer