Which login can I use to access generated backup in WebDav ?

Ronaldo Orbite March 18, 2015

I'm trying to make a backup on Backup Manager, but the generated file is on WebDav. When WebDav asked for the login, I tried with my JIRA Account and didn't work, then I tried with my Atlassian Account and is not working.

How can I access the WebDav area ?

Thanks!

11 answers

4 votes
Tony O May 17, 2016

Hey guys,

I've figured it out and yes I'm 99% sure you all have the same issue and this is a simple case of the support team of Atlassian not knowing the right answer (Do not get offended because it is true).

The simple point is for some reason the system demands your username that is listed under the user management area. This is not your email and this is not the full name (what ever you see coming up on your profile).

This is only seen under USER MANAGEMENT-USERS. (see attached)

Default will probably be "admin" and then require your password.

examplefix.png

cyrill-wolf August 29, 2016

If you've changed your user password, the admin password may still be the old password that was originally assigned to your account when your site was setup. "admin" worked for me... as long as I used my original password.

1 vote
Aaron Westley June 23, 2015

Make sure you log in with your account name, not your email address.

0 votes
Radek April 4, 2016

Try to use login: admin

Screen Shot 2016-04-05 at 08.44.10.png

and ofc your admin password. smile

0 votes
Vincent Boyer March 25, 2016

It doesn't work.

Group administrators have been created, labeled as admin, but can't access to the WebDav Directory.

So no, it didn't help

0 votes
Ted Husted November 13, 2015

I had the same problem, and filed a support case (JST-167888). 

In my case

• We had multiple groups with [ADMIN] privileges and I had to be a member of all of them. 
  • There was a missing row in our database that prevented me from being authorized. 

Once I was added to all the ADMIN groups, and our database was patched, I was able to access our WebDav area, as intended. 

Cheers!

0 votes
Reza Ghorbani October 4, 2015

I'm the site admin and belong to the right group but still no show. I have used Windows and also Total commander with Webdav plugin but i'm not able to access

In Explorer i use this format and it ask me for user+pass but it does not accept it.

https://<my site>.atlassian.net/webdav/

Please help! I read so many help pages and googled allot but so far no luck.

0 votes
Kathy Tempesta September 8, 2015

I am having this exact same problem. I am trying to migrate an existing JIRA Cloud instance to a new one but none of our admin users are able to access the webDAV directory. HELP! 

0 votes
UnitApp Tech August 24, 2015

Hi all,

Did you find a way to get in WebDav?
I have the same problem, with all the accounts currently in the Administrator group, there's not one that works...

0 votes
Richard Gonzalez June 17, 2015

I'm having the same trouble. I have administrator access and two other users who also have admin access can't get to webdav.  We see the login screen but the login/pword are not accepted.  We are using JIRA cloud. On a mac. I tried several approaches with different webdav clients and the direct Mac OS approach. Any ideas?

0 votes
Gerhard Metzger April 9, 2015

Hi Ronaldo,

does it work, when you are a member of the admin group?

My question because, we have the same problem and even administrators cannot download the Backup file.

Ciao

Gerhard

0 votes
cgauterio
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 18, 2015

Hi Ronaldo,

As you can see at Accessing Your WebDAV Directory - Cannot See Data and HTTP Authorization Required Message, you need to be a member of the administrators group to access your WebDAV directory.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Clarissa.

Vincent Boyer March 25, 2016

It doesn't work.

Group administrators have been created, labeled as admin, but can't access to the WebDav Directory.

So no, it didn't help

Suggest an answer