Which is the best workflow on Jira for fast pace projects which includes design,dev and testing?

Sankalp Dubey December 11, 2022

In a startup, Time is always the most important. We are supposed to build good products but in less time. But quality is often missed when working on fast pace products. 

Please suggest a workflow on Jira which would help maintain and check quality in design, dev and testing phases. Also, recommend Jira automations for smooth ticket journey on jira.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Harald Seyr
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 11, 2022

Hi @Sankalp Dubey 

since you mention "startup" and "time is most important", my suggestion is to be agile. This means accept that things change and planning is less important than adapting to changes.

So, you could start with the minimal workflow with states "Todo", "In Process" and "Done" with transition allowed between all states. As I remember, this is the default workflow for Jira Cloud Software projects anyway.

This allows your team to freely find the best way to work without being limited by some predefined workflow that most likely will be not matching what comes.

In some later stages, e.g. after a couple of weeks of working with Jira, there is always the task to review, identify potential improvements and then adapt in the most important or beneficial steps. This could be extending the workflow, but personally, I would be surprised if this is the case.

Regards,

Harald

Sankalp Dubey December 13, 2022

We are following sprint model in our organisation.
Can you recommend the implementation plan for sprint model where Design phase, Dev phase and Testing phase can be verified?

Harald Seyr
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 13, 2022

I do not recommend a specific sprint model. This should be discussed and decided by the team that does the job. In some agile frameworks, the team gets help from someone that is experienced in being agile so the team members find their way of working better and faster, but it should be always the team that finds its way.

Like Sankalp Dubey likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events