Which field on the Service Desk Customer Portal is used to add Request Participants?

Jim AMCI email February 26, 2016

I set the request security (image below) to allow customers to add request particpants (who are also customers).

image2016-2-26 11:53:26.png

We have four fields on the portal:

image2016-2-26 11:55:13.png

And the option to add a few more fields:

image2016-2-26 11:55:48.png

My question is which field does a customer use to add Request Participants?

Thanks in advance!

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jim AMCI email February 26, 2016

Thanks, but you must have a different version.  Ours looks like the screenshot I posted, and it is set to allow customers to add Request Participants.  Thanks for taking a stab at it, though.

I think I figured it out.  Basically, you CAN'T do it at the time the request is created, but if you view the ticket after it's created, you can add Request Participants with a small "+add" button on the right.

I'll add text to the ticket creation screen which clues in the customer to view the request after it's created and add people as needed to "loop them in."

4 votes
Mohamad Khalife
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 26, 2016

You can allow adding other participants to requests via the Customer Portal:

1. In your service desk, go to the Settings tab > Request participants.
  2. Switch the first setting to On to allow customers to add request participants. 

Suggest an answer