It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Which field on the Service Desk Customer Portal is used to add Request Participants?

jim baker Feb 26, 2016

I set the request security (image below) to allow customers to add request particpants (who are also customers).

image2016-2-26 11:53:26.png

We have four fields on the portal:

image2016-2-26 11:55:13.png

And the option to add a few more fields:

image2016-2-26 11:55:48.png

My question is which field does a customer use to add Request Participants?

Thanks in advance!

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
jim baker Feb 26, 2016

Thanks, but you must have a different version.  Ours looks like the screenshot I posted, and it is set to allow customers to add Request Participants.  Thanks for taking a stab at it, though.

I think I figured it out.  Basically, you CAN'T do it at the time the request is created, but if you view the ticket after it's created, you can add Request Participants with a small "+add" button on the right.

I'll add text to the ticket creation screen which clues in the customer to view the request after it's created and add people as needed to "loop them in."

4 votes
Mohamad Khalife Feb 26, 2016

You can allow adding other participants to requests via the Customer Portal:

1. In your service desk, go to the Settings tab > Request participants.
  2. Switch the first setting to On to allow customers to add request participants. 

Suggest an answer

This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
Community showcase
Published in Jira

Try Jira Cloud for Outlook: Organize your work without leaving your inbox

Hi Atlassian community, My name is Max and I work on the product integration team at Atlassian. I am pleased to announce the early access program for the Jira Cloud add-in for Outlook. This add-in...

2,393 views 6 15
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you