Which add-on creates the 'style' 'jira_gh_epic_story'?

Daniel Wilson February 10, 2014

I am migrating our Jira Db from OnDemand to our own server ... and I must restore a particular project b/c Jira was already implemented on our server before the new team decided to use OnDemand, then changed their minds. :(

I'm using the instructions at https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Restoring+a+Project+from+Backup

But I'm getting validation error I can't figure out how to solve:

Issue Link Type

The Issue Link Type 'Epic-Story Link' has style 'jira_gh_epic_story' in the backup, but has no style in the current system.
I added the JIRA Agile add-on to get the Epic and Story issue types. I manually added an Epic-Story Link type. But I hve no option to give it a 'style'. Does that come with some add-on? Or ... how do I add the style it wants?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Daniel Wilson February 11, 2014

While I didn't find the exact answer to this question, editing the XML file to eliminate the style and rezipping worked.

0 votes
Alexandru Luchian Constantinescu February 3, 2016

If the entities.xml file is too big (5GB in our case) and you can't find a way to open it, you can solve this by doing an update in the database:

update issuelinktype set pstyle='jira_gh_epic_story' where linkname='Epic-Story Link'

Tested on JIRA 6.4.11

Suggest an answer