Which Repositories work with Jira OnDemmand

Sal Aldana October 29, 2013

So we use Jira OnDemmand for our Issue Tracking and now I want to start using a Code Repository that can be integrated with Jira as well. Just for a quick background, I've never used a Code Repository before and I'm currently the only developer working on our Mobile Projects which is why the code has been sitting in my local drive the whole time. We have a team that works on the Web Projects and I believe they use an older SVN Repository so were hoping that after I get setup and moved onto a Code Repository then maybe we can switch them over as well.

I found Bitbucket and Stash, which both look good to me and from what I can tell the only difference is Bitbucket is Cloud based while Stash can be used with our own hardware but I just wanted to see if there's any other options our there or if there's other users who have experience with either of these products and have some tips on which one works better.

As far as the projects that I will be using it for, I work on iOS, Android and Windows Mobile projects and for development tools I use Xcode, Android Studio, and Visual Studio 2012.

1 answer

1 vote
cbenard1
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 29, 2013

Hi Sal,

You have a couple of different options here, I'll break them down into categories:

Coud Based Code Hosting:

Bitbucket

Github

Here's a good comparison of the two: http://www.infoworld.com/d/application-development/bitbucket-vs-github-which-project-host-has-the-most-227061

Behind the Firewall Based Code Hosting:

Fisheye

Stash

We also offer Sourcetree which is a free Mac and Windows desktop client for Git and Mercurial

Sal Aldana October 29, 2013

Thanks Turner, so the Behind the Firewall version looks great (Fisheye and Stash) and don't know if you can answer this but is Stash strictly just a Git repo? I don't care which one I use (since it looks like Sourcetree would be great for the commands) but I think the other team has been using a SVN type of Repo (I want to say they are using Vault) so would Stash work for them as well or should they just use Fisheye?

Suggest an answer