Which Jira platform would be best for a helpdesk or call center environment?

wipmover_gmail_com June 8, 2022

Does Jira have a flavor or usage where we could continually improve notes about the causes and fixes to problems

Frequently, we find ourselves spending hours getting reoriented with a problem we've had before. I am looking for something we can use to document issues and do quick searches against for (problems) or descriptions of problems. 

I’m looking for a system where we can search for keywords / descriptions of recurring problems we encounter

Something similar to, where we can embed screen shots/images with descriptions 

• Problem: a description of the problem
  • Cause: a description of why the problem exists/happens
  • Resolution: a description of how to fix the problem or a workaround for the problem

Can anyone help me with this or point me in the right direction?

2 answers

2 votes
Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 8, 2022

hi @wipmover_gmail_com,

You will need jira service management integrated with confluence.  

Users go to a portal and they start typing the summary of the issue and if there are hits in the wiki (knowledge base) they will be suggested articles that will avoid a creation of a ticket.  

For more info: https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/service-management?gclsrc=aw.ds&&aceid=&adposition=&adgroup=114836261244&campaign=9043851480&creative=479563253500&device=m&keyword=jira%20service%20management&matchtype=e&network=g&placement=&ds_kids=p58666070386&ds_e=GOOGLE&ds_eid=700000001721198&ds_e1=GOOGLE&gclid=CjwKCAjwkYGVBhArEiwA4sZLuNM00D1WX6VWJRXrnMSX9Z9WCkAlm3qBbLDb4Fjpv7PyhQ3NiMSmOxoCFhkQAvD_BwE

0 votes
Saurabh.Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 8, 2022

Here is quick JSM overview:

https://youtu.be/9mrumjGKwyw

Thanks 

Saurabh

Suggest an answer