Which JIRA server hardware should I choose?

Paul Stahlke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 25, 2012

I am purchasing a new JIRA front-end for our large JIRA installation (160,000+ issues, 400 users). I have a choice of a machine with a 4-core processor at 3.2 GHz, or a 6-core processor at 3.0 GHz. Same price. I guess it comes down to how important multi-threading is to JIRA. Any thoughts?

1 answer

0 votes
Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 25, 2012

Hi, if you take a look to the Jira Server Requirements it indicates a few tips for this. Especially the part that tells about the server for jira.atlassian.com:

For reference, our http://jira.atlassian.com site has over 125,000 issues and over 70,000 user accounts. The system runs on a server with a 64-bit quad core processor and 32 GB of memory, of which only 1.5 GB is allocated to JIRA.

Check the documentation I think it will help you a lot.

Suggest an answer