Where to put the recover index snapshot file for importing?

MattS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 7, 2014

I'm guessing jira.home/import/myfile.zip or maybe jira.home/import/indexsnapshots/myfile.zip but the docs don't seem to have anything about this that I could find.

Has anyone used this new feature of taking index snapshots for faster reindexing in production? I've got a 3.5GB zip file for each snapshot.

2 answers

0 votes
MattS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 7, 2014

34 mins for 20%. I created https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-40318 to see if there is any way to speed this up

0 votes
MattS
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 7, 2014

It seems to work with have the file in the import directory, not a subdirectory. But it is taking many minutes to unzip the file from inside JIRA. I wonder if it's possible to unpack the snapshot zip file from the command line?

Suggest an answer