Where to file bugs/questions concerning Atlassian Bugtracking system?

Johannes Kilian
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 31, 2013

Atlassian offers https://jira.atlassian.com/ for Bug-/Issuetracking.

If I have questions/remarks/bugs concerning this bugtracking service, where should I file/ask these?

Edit: Question is related to the offered service itself - not the product "JIRA"

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Taiwo Akindele
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 31, 2013

Hi Johannes,

I understand your question, the system for raising or tracking issues about jira.atlassian.com or even support.atlassian.com is mostly an internal system. I guess the best way for you to raise your remark, bug or suggestion about jira.atlassian.com for instance is by raising a support ticket in support.atlassian.com explaining the issue, and then a support staff or engineer can answer you or pass it to the relevant quarters on your behalf, quoting your support ticket.

I hope this answers the question.

Regards :)

Johannes Kilian
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 31, 2013

I'll try - and I'll see how far I will come ...

Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 1, 2013

Maybe this will help as well.

If you access (not sure if you have be be logged in or not. I am logged in) jira.atlassian.com scroll to the bottom the screen. You should see "report a problem" and "Got feedback" links.

For support.atlassian.com you have a 'report a problem' link at the bottom of the page.

I was on the system dashboard where I say those links.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 31, 2013

Indeed it's recursive.

Atlassian provide an issue tracker called Jira. They have a public system for logging bugs with it which resides in Jira. If you have issues with that particular installation, then the answer is to log the problems with them, in that same system...

If there are problems with client Jira systems (i.e. you have a licence and need support), you log an issue in their Jira which is for support calls.

Everywhere I've worked, the Jira administrators have a support project for, well, Jira. In Jira. Atlassian are doing that too.

0 votes
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 31, 2013

Questions about any Atlassian product you can ask in this forum.

For reporting bugs and feature request you can use the link in your question.

Johannes Kilian
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 31, 2013

It's not about questions about a product - but on the service itself.

I want to file bugs/ask questions concerning the service offered at https://jira.atlassian.com/

Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 31, 2013

Not sure what you mean about service. The link you provided leeds to a live demonstration of JIRA where you also could file Bugs about JIRA.

Johannes Kilian
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 31, 2013

I want to file bugs about "http:\\jira.atlassian.com" and not about the product JIRA

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 31, 2013

Then, as Taiwo and Udo have already said, log them in Jira at http://jira.atlassian.com

Let me try to explain this again:

<li>jira.atlassian.com is the "service" you want to report problems with, or ask questions about.
  • This service has an issue tracker for questions and problems
  • This issue tracker is the Jira found at jira.atlassian.com

Or, in other words, you report problems with the service inside the service itself.

I'm not sure how else to explain it.

Johannes Kilian
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 31, 2013

@nic

I have understood this - but I still can't see an appropriate project within jira.atlassian.com to file my problem. All the offered projects deal with Atlassian products they sell (as far as I see).

I already wrote a support request to support.atlassian.com as Taiwo suggested.

The comment above (just above your comment) was just a clarifaction to Udo's comment "Not sure what you mean about service" ...

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 31, 2013

That's what we're getting at - you use the Jira project. Because jira.atlassian.com is a Jira system. https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA

If Atlassian decide your issue is with something else, they'll move it. Let them worry about the difference between their services and technologies!

0 votes
Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 31, 2013

Your question is confusing because you answered your own question by your own actions stated in the question.

If you find a bug for any atlassian you can either contact support or enter the bug into jira.atlassian.com under its project name. (jira, answers, fisheye, etc).

If you have a general question for any atlassian product, you post it on answers like you did. In this case you select tags to state which product your question goes with.

If I am misunderstanding question, please include additional information to make your question clearer.

Suggest an answer