Where to check deleted projects

Pawan Modi December 11, 2012

Hi All,

I need to know what are the projects deleted on a particular date. Could you please help where to find (log name) and any specific patter to look for.

Any help in this regard is highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Regds,

Pawan

2 answers

2 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 11, 2012

You can't - it's not really logged. If you have Jira behind Apache (or another web server), you might be able to find a reference to the screen for confirming the deletion if you look through the logs for that, but I don't think you can identify the actual project from there.

Sameera Shaakunthala [inactive]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 11, 2012

I think JIRA has a similar access log under the <jira installation dir>/logs/ directory in which you can look at (grep) the following text pattern:

DeleteProject!default.jspa?pid=xxxxx

However, this does not contain the key of the project. If you have an older XML backup, you might be able to look at that file for this 'pid' and find out which project.

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 10, 2013

Suggest an answer