Where's my field says story points should be visible, but it's not.

Alex Ford May 19, 2015

story-points-not-showing2.gif

Any ideas why this would be happening? If I go to another project the field shows up just fine. I've compared settings between the projects and I can't find a difference.

2 answers

1 vote
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 19, 2015
Alex Ford May 19, 2015

Thank you. Unfortunately the agile board is already configured to use story points and it still isn't showing up :/ http://i.imgur.com/tfN8Ll1.png

Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 19, 2015

Well, the interesting part in that documentation is: "By default the Story Points field is only configured for Epic and Story issue types" Since you are trying to create a Bug, you have your answer. So please check your context of that custom field.

Alex Ford May 19, 2015

@Udo, In the gif you'll notice I show you all my issue types and confirm that I've added Story Points to each one. Also, "Where's my field" confirms that I've associated the field to the currently selected issue type. It's definitely there for tasks, bugs, stories, epics, and sub-tasks.

Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 19, 2015

Yes, I saw that. But I have not seen how this custom field is configured i.e. if there is a context for Story and Epic issue types only (as this is the default). So please look at the custom field: type 'gg + custom field' and check there.

1 vote
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 19, 2015

Can you check the field configuration and see if it is hidden or not?

Alex Ford May 19, 2015

Do you mean the little button in the top right that says "Configure Fields" on the create issue form? If so, you'll notice in my animated gif that "Story Points" doesn't even show up as a field that can be hidden or shown, even though "Where's my field" says it should be present.

Alex Ford May 19, 2015

It doesn't even show up in the "all" view: http://i.imgur.com/gJhen5i.png

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 19, 2015
Alex Ford May 19, 2015

Because this stupid site says I can only comment a few times in 24 damn hours, I'm under a new account. Thanks for clarifying. Unfortunately the field isn't hidden there either. (http://i.imgur.com/uHoq1ik.png). Also, I believe that setting is global and the field shows in other projects, just not this one.

Suggest an answer