Where is the release button?

S E April 28, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Deploying a release

The releases button does not exist in any project i create, but in the sample project the release button exist. What must i do?

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 28, 2016

Do you have project admin rights in the new projects (not system admin rights, that's only for system admin stuff)?

And are you looking at scrum or Kanban?

S E April 28, 2016

Hi, i am the admin, i tried with Kanban and Scrum, i've compared the sample project with one i've created. but nothing, everything is equal.

Is there an option in scrum or kanban that need to be activate?

Maybe is it because i am trying Jira?

Thank you for your quick answer.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 28, 2016

Are you a project admin though?   Could you check if you have all the sprint management rights.

There is nothing to "activate" and a JIRA trial licence does not block any functionality (until it expires)

S E April 28, 2016

I am "administrator", "developer" and "tempo project manager". I don't know where to find sprint management rights.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 28, 2016

Telling me you are an administrator does not tell me that you have project admin rights.   Go to the permission scheme and look at the project-administrator line near the top - who does that say has project admin?  Are you in one of the right roles or groups to get that?

I am sorry, I should have made that clear earlier - you need to check it in full.

For the sprint stuff - https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftware/jira-software-7-1-x-release-notes-788728210.html#JIRASoftware7.1.xreleasenotes-managesprints - although I'm not sure it's that, as those don't apply to Kanban boards.

S E April 28, 2016

I don't really understand what i have to do, because i think i am not doing mistakes.

Here are some screens (I hope it may help) :

Permissions.pngRoles.png

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 28, 2016

Ok, so you are logged in as "S"?  The permissions are correct there, and you should have "release"

S E April 28, 2016

Ok, what can i do ?

Do you have any ideas?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 28, 2016

Could you show us the board where the releases should be?

S E April 28, 2016

This is the sample project, is that what you wanted?

Releases.png

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 28, 2016

No, the board that is missing the releases.

Although - in that view of the sample, there are one or more versions defined - have you added any versions to the projects where the releases option is missing?

S E April 28, 2016

Sorry, here it is (I hope it is good) :

Board_with_versions_1.pngBoard_with_versions_2.png

EDIT : I tried all options available for each versions, with build and versions it looks like it work but if you leave the page with the release notes, you can't go back to this page.

S E April 28, 2016

That's my fault, i did a BIG mistake. I hid "target versions".

Thanks a lot for your help and your time.

Suggest an answer