Where is the "pending reason" ?

Vincent Lyon May 22, 2017

Hello,

I'm willing to add the gadget Filter Results to my dashboard in order to get all pending issues displayed. One thing I'd like most is to display the reason of why they are pending.
When configuring the gadget, in the fields to display, I found the field "pending reason", which is, I believe, what I'm looking for.
One question, then : where can I fill this field ? I don't even find it in the issues details.

Thanks for your time,

Vincent.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 22, 2017

"Pending Reason" is not a standard JIRA system field, so I'm afraid we simply can't tell you.

It's a custom field in your system, either one your admins have added directly, or indirectly (by installing an add-on that adds one automatically)

If you can't fill the field in on issues, then it is not on the create or edit screens - as an admin, you'll need to add it on to one or both of those screens to enable users to add data to it.

Alright, thanks for the fast answer.

I'll try to do what you said

Thank you again !

0 votes
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 22, 2017

Hi Vincent,

according to https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskserver034/fulfilling-service-requests-with-your-it-service-desk-875314067.html#FulfillingservicerequestswithyourITservicedesk-ExtraformfieldsrecommendedbyITIL

"Pending Reason" is a field that comes with Jira Service Desk. Do you have installed that extension? If so, read the manual above on how to include this field. 

Thanks for your reply Thomas.

I didn't install the Service Desk extension, but as I am new in the company, maybe someone installed it.

Anyway, this is not essential. The team members put the reasons in comments and/or the worklog. I was just trying to find a faster way to see it than watching every issue details.

Thanks again.

Suggest an answer