Where is the "current" search (JQL) being stored?

Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 3, 2013

Hey,

I have the problem that a user did a JQL query that involved subqueries etc (linked issues...). Now that query is too complex an results in JIRA to stop corresponding.

Even after a restart, every time the user tries to search for issues (click on issues) the last search is being performed resulting in the same problem occurring again...

Is there anything in the DB or elsewhere that I can delete or would sth. like entering the following URL help?

XXX/issues/?jql=

Hope you get what I mean:-)

Cheers

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 3, 2013

Found a solution / SQL query that at least returs the current query:

select
  ps.propertyvalue, ee.name
from
  propertytext ps,
  external_entities ee,
  propertyentry pe
where
  ee.name like 'XXXX' and
  pe.property_key like 'user.search.jql' and
  /*ee.entitytype like 'com.atlassian.jira.user.OfbizExternalEntityStore' and*/
  ee.id = pe.entity_id and
  pe.id = ps.id;

Cheers

0 votes
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 3, 2013

Hi Christian,

Could you just let your user click on a favorite filter or go to a Project Overview and click for example on the All issues link?

That should clear the JQL.

Best regards,

Peter

Rising Star
Rising Star
November 3, 2013

I did that. Didn't work....

Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 3, 2013

Christian,

Could it be stored here : public.searchrequest

I ask this based on this file : https://developer.atlassian.com/display/JIRADEV/Database+Schema

Best regards,

Peter

Rising Star
Rising Star
November 3, 2013

I cleared it using issues/?jql= but I'd still like to know where the current search is being stored...

Rising Star
Rising Star
November 3, 2013

The searchrequest table only stores filters not the current search request...

Suggest an answer