Where is the home directory in JIRA 3.13.2 ?

Sean August 9, 2012

I've racked my brains for days now... here's my problem.

We currently have JIRA 3.13.2 installed on a Windows 2008 server. We're trying to migrate to the latest version and have had some great help from Tech Support regarding the staging of versions... I've got ALMOST everything ready to go...

JIRA (xml) back up

Database back up

Attachments backed up... etc...

The one thing I can't seem to find ANYWHERE on the server is the JIRA home directory. I've tried searching for the files mentioned in the docs ( https://confluence.atlassian.com/x/A4JRCw ) and the sub-directories mentioned in the same article.

They simply don't seem to exist!! Can someone help me?

Corrected the version ... it's 3.13.2

3 answers

2 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 9, 2012

JIRA 3.13 doesn't have the concept of Home directory. This was introduced only in JIRA4.

JIRA 3.13 used to have separate indexes, backups and attachments folders all of which were configured in JIRA and can be found in the System Information.

Sean August 9, 2012

Ah Hah!!!! I was beginning to think that might be the case. The instructions on Atlassian's Migrating JIRA to Another Server page say to point to the home directory. So then, I assume I will have to create a home directory. What goes into to that directory?

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 9, 2012

You can create a blank directory and JIRA will populate the things inside it. You can then copy attachments to the default attachments directory created in JIRA Home. Everything else should be there in the upgrade notes.

1 vote
MonishP
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 9, 2012

I am not familiar with Jira 3.1 but wouldn't there be a system info page which would show you the paths?

Sean August 9, 2012

I looked there. No jira.home property

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 9, 2012

Can you check the file WEB-INF/classes/jira-application.properties and see what is mentioned as the jira.home in that?

Sean August 9, 2012

I looked at the application.properties file and there is no jira.home name/value pair

Suggest an answer