Where is the button to edit a comment in a Jira issue?

Stefan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 10, 2013

Hi,

I'm on the issue page (e.g. https://xyz.atlassian.net/browse/AG-100) and see the comments in the Activity section. I have the rights to edit and delete comments (and checked it with the "Permission Helper").

But I don't find the button to edit or delete the comment (I would expect it, where my mouse arrow is in this picture).

Any ideas?

4 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 10, 2013

have you checked is there any workflow properties are configured on status/transitions.

http://www.j-tricks.com/1/post/2011/02/permissions-based-on-workflow-status.html

Stefan
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 10, 2013

That is the problem - the issue is in the state "closed" and there the property "jira.issue.editable" is set to false.

But it is courios that I can add comments, but not change or delete them...

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 10, 2013

Ah, hang on, the "edit" property is separate from the "make comment" property. The "edit" property is stopping you from editing. If you want to block "add comment", then that's not an edit, and you need a different flag. I've got:

jira.permission.comment.user : denied

jira.issue.editable : false

1 vote
jayasingh July 10, 2013

Hi Stefan,

Its strictly related with permission for "Edit own Comments" and you should associated with group which is having this permission.

Please recheck with admin rights whether you are associated with the correct group which is having the permission for "Edit own Comments.

Thanks,

Jayasingh

1 vote
Nitram
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 10, 2013
Nitram
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 10, 2013

please check the permission scheme of the project where the issue is created. Check whether you have permission for the project that you are currently residing.

Stefan
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 10, 2013

I ckecked it with the "Permission Helper" and he told me that I have all rights for editing and deleting my own and other comments on this project.

0 votes
Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 10, 2013

Make sure you have the "edit own comments" permission for the project the issue belongs to

Suggest an answer