Where is the My Jira Home section on my profile?

Esther Strom January 23, 2015

According to Atlassian help, I should be able to select my home page using the My JIRA Home section of my profile. But there is no My JIRA Home section. Is this an admin setting somewhere? I'm our de-facto system administrator, so I would have access to change it if it were there.

We're on 6.1.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 23, 2015

Your JIRA is too old to have it.  It's definitely not in 6.2 and it is in 6.4

Esther Strom January 23, 2015

But the link I posted is to the 6.1 documentation. Are you saying the documentation is wrong?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 23, 2015

I am very sorry, I was thinking of something else. Your home should be customisable, but I'm actually thinking that the documentation is unclear. I think you've actually gone into your profile, so you're looking at things like your language settings and avatar? What they actually should say is the "profile dropdown". Go back to a normal Jira page (not your profile) and click on the down-arrow next to your profile picture. The options you have should appear in that menu. The current one will have a blob next to it. Click on another one to change it. The list is variable (I've got agile stuff, tempo, etc on the main Jira I use)

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 23, 2015

(wow my prose is dreadful today, far too many "actually" in there) Again, I'm really sorry I misunderstood the question. Hope the new version makes more sense (despite the actuallys)

Esther Strom January 26, 2015

Yes! Thank you. I was in my profile; I admit that I never really look at the dropdown list a whole lot. That fixed it.

Suggest an answer