Where is "View Version Control" permission?

Carlos Palminha August 4, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Source tab does not appear on View Issue or Browse Project page in JIRA

The article describes one of the causes as JIRA users do not have the 'View Version Control' permission.

In my JIRA i cannot find the "View Version Control" permission, neither in the global permission neither in the project permissions

I'm using JIRA Software (server) 7.1.9 and Fisheye 4.1.0

2 answers

1 vote
Jonas Andersson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 4, 2016

Those are not set in JIRA but in Crucible by creating application links from Crucible/Fisheye project to JIRA Projects.

Goto Crucible -> Project and at the list of the projects, the last icon on the line to the right allows you to create the application links. Select JIRA and whatever project you want the crucible project mapped to, and the link will be created.

Carlos Palminha August 4, 2016

The application links are properly created and mapped between JIRA and Fisheye.

That's not the issue.

The article described one of the causes as "JIRA users do not have the 'View Version Control' permission.". I cannot find that permission in JIRA.

0 votes
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 4, 2016

Hi Carlos,

maybe this self-answered question might help you: Can't select 'View Version Control" permission

Cheers

Thomas

Carlos Palminha August 5, 2016

that answer is probably not up-to-date with JIRA 7.1.x

Suggest an answer