Where is my project?

Carlton McFarlane January 12, 2016

I haven't deleted my project but it has gone missing, and all issues linked to it have been moved form the Sprint.

I know I didn't delete it and no-one else, to my knowledge, has permission to delete a project.

When I use the projects drop down, it doesn't appear in the list. However, when I view 'projects' with the JIRA Admin menu then I can still see it there.

What on earth is going on?! This is an urgent and critical issue...

8 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 12, 2016

Someone has changed the users or permissions so that you can't see it.

As an admin, check what the permission scheme says and then make sure your account matches one or more of the rules for "browse project"

(As an admin, you can see the project header, so you can still do admin, but admin does not mean "can see everything")

Thanks, Nic. Please see my additional comment. Not sure of the correct etiquette on the board!

1 vote
Phill Fox
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 12, 2016

Hi @Carlton McFarlane

I suspect your issue relates to the browser permission for the project. If you check both your permission scheme and project roles are correct. 

The fact that you can see the project in the JIRA admin menu implies that it is still there but you do not have permission to browse.

Thanks, Phill. Please see my additional comment. Not sure of the correct etiquette on the board!

0 votes
Phill Fox
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 12, 2016

@Carlton McFarlane Glad we were able to help you resolve so quickly.

0 votes

I'm only sorry I can't accept both your answers, so I will go with chronology. Sorry, Phill! :)

0 votes

Aha! You both hit the nail on the head! It turns out they were all members of a group called "(atlassian-addons-project-access)" by default. When we added the new group it didn't have browse access. Thank you!

0 votes
Phill Fox
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 12, 2016

From your screenshot you only have 1 person listed as a user. If you are using the default permission scheme it may be that the browse project permission is restricted to only those people in the role users. (Chetan Halai). As a quick check add yourself to the users and see if that fixes your problem. It could be that someone has "tidied" up the users in roles without realising that administrators also need to be listed as users.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 12, 2016

You need to read these alongside the permission scheme - what have you actually got in the default scheme? For "browse project" at least.

0 votes

Thank you both for your responses.

However, the roles and permission scheme look fine. I've got the default scheme on this project, same as the others and there are no problems there.

I also enclose the roles - again, nothing obviously strange and same as the other projects...

Screen Shot 2016-01-12 at 13.54.40.png

There was a message about indexing earlier, which I absent-mindedly scanned, but it said to continue working if I have changes to make before that. Tried re-indexing this project afterwards but no change.

Hope someone can help! 

Suggest an answer