Where is my field error

Aaron Clancy November 26, 2014

When trying to add a custom field like due date for an issue - it comes back with an error saying:

The JIRA server was contacted but has returned an error response. We are unsure of the result of this operation.

Can anyone give some guidance on this?

4 answers

0 votes
Diego Zarpelon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 27, 2014

Hello Aaron,

as Mizan said before, to help you on this we should take a look on your log files to review what's causing this. As this is a pretty generic error there's a lot of reasons that can be causing this. So please take a look at your $JIRA_Home/log/atlassian-jira.log file and see if you can find any exception on it and paste it here so we can help you on it.

laugh

Diego Zarpelon

Michela Baca March 8, 2018

I am also having this issue however, we are on the Cloud version so I don't have access to the logs.

jira_error.PNG

0 votes
Radu Dumitriu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 26, 2014

Nobody cannot say for sure, unless you put here some logs, a better description of the problem, etc.

0 votes
Aaron Clancy November 26, 2014

No you can't - it is just a one liner - it is a pop up and you can only click close. Any ideas? Happens when I select any custom option when creating an issue.

0 votes
Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 26, 2014

You can expand the response and see the exception which occurred. The exception will give us an idea what exactly caused the error.

Suggest an answer