Where is my Field? -> The JIRA server was contacted but has returned an error response.

Rohit Murjani November 10, 2014

I just created a new project in JIRA but when I try to create a task the fields that I need to set like "Affected Version" & "Component" don't show up. When I try to look up where the field is via the "Where is my field?" link, I get the following error when I search for my field: "The JIRA Server was contacted but has returned an error response. We are unsure of the result of this operation." Why is the error showing up? I have set up numerous projects the same way and they are working just fine.

2 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 10, 2014

This is one where the only answer is "read the logs", but you don't get that on Cloud.  I think you need to go straight to Atlassian with this one.

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 10, 2014

I suggest re-indexing as a first step to resolve anything like this. If it doesn't work I'd contact Atlassian.

Suggest an answer