Where is data from the Burndown Chart stored in the JIRA database?

Christopher Heritage
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 21, 2017

We are trying to find where in the JIRA database the data found in the Burndown Chart is stored. So far, no luck. 

Any ideas?

If this data isn't directly queryable, has anyone come up with an alternative solution they're willing to share? 

We thought about just using workflow transition date/time stamps. Our challenge is that we have hundreds of projects across many teams with different workflows. Teams all have different status mapped to the right-most column of their Active Sprint board where the burndown happens.

Since the Burndown date/time stamp from the Burndown Chart is a common data point across all teams/projects/boards, we are trying to get our hands on that.

Has anybody had any luck using an external tool to query this data? We are trying to use Power BI.

screenshot.png

This question is similar to mine, but no resolution was offered by the community.

1 answer

0 votes
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 22, 2017

My answer may not be 100% accurate today, but 12 months ago we concluded there isn't a database table that stores it in a "ready to use" format, unfortunately. JIRA itself calculates this on the fly, returns the data points via a REST end-point, and the chart itself is drawn in Javascript to a canvas.

So, I think you will need to query data (you have access to every component needed) and assemble that for yourself. Looking into the JIRA source code (available for you if you posses a commercial license) will help.

Suggest an answer