Where is Portfolio pulling future sprint dates from?

John Smith May 3, 2017

If i'm not mistaken, JIRA doesn't allow you to create start and end dates for sprints that are in the future. It seems though that Portfolio is pulling dates for one of my future sprints but I don't know from where or how to edit them. Can someone tell me if there is a way I can change the dates? Here's a screenshot.

Future sprint dates.PNG

1 answer

0 votes
John Price
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 19, 2017

Hi John - 

If you have teams set up or projects pulled in that have sprints of a given duration (like 2 weeks) I believe Portfolio will just generate 2-week placeholders out to the end of your plan.  They aren't represented in your JIRA projects; they are just for forecasting.  For example in my case I have the current sprint and the next one created in JIRA proper:  MyTeam 2017_01 and MyTeam 2017_02.  If I look in Portfolio and filter to a single project/team, I get:

MyTeam 2017_01

MyTeam 2017_02

Sprint 3

Sprint 4

Sprint 5

etc.  

Only the first two were created by me in JIRA.  Once I create MyTeam 2017_03 it will replace "Sprint 3" assuming they have the same dates.

Does that help?

Suggest an answer