Where in the database are the Site Base URL, Introduction, Contact Administrators Message, and other General System Settings stored?

Timmmmaaaaayyy!!!! September 10, 2015

I am looking to automate the refresh of a staging JIRA instance with our production instance. This includes refreshing our staging database with our production database. Atlassian Support informed me that the General System Settings, such as Site Colors, Site Base URL, Introduction, Contact Administrators Message, JIRA Licenses, etc are stored in the database. Since I'll need to modify these fields post-migration I was hoping to find where they are stored. Does anyone know where in the database the Site Base URL, Introduction, Contact Administrators Message, and other General System Settings are stored?

Any other suggestions/information on automating the refresh of a staging instance of JIRA is also welcomed/helpful.

2 answers

0 votes
Tim Evans
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 2, 2015

Correct. In addition, Atlassian Support discourages direct database modification as this can cause corruption.

Not everything can be changed using the API. Changing the JIRA license is one example.

Since this is a staging instance we are OK with making direct changes to the database and are looking to see if anyone else has done this and what suggestions they might have.

0 votes
Nicolas Bourdages
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 11, 2015

Pretty much every admin really discourages working directly in the database. Have you tried using the REST API? 

https://docs.atlassian.com/jira/REST/latest/

Suggest an answer