Where in the database are field values for "Velocity processed Message Custom Field (for view)" fields stored?

Mike Lange March 20, 2014

We're migrating from Jira 4.4 up to Jira 6 and need to pull the values for a custom field that was a "Velocity processed Message Custom Field (for view)" field, which we'll just stuff into a plain old text field in our new Jira 6 instance. The problem is that I can't find the field values in customfieldvalue.

Where is the plugin hiding values for these custom fields?

Thanks,

Mike

4 answers

0 votes
Mike Lange March 24, 2014

I'm embarassed to say I figured this out and it was a stupid question. After looking at the default text using Nic's comment below to point me in the right direction I saw this:

#macro (getReleaseNoteComment $issue $customFieldManager) 
#set ($customFields = $customFieldManager.getCustomFieldObjects($issue.project.getLong("id"), $issue.issueType.getString("id"))) 	#foreach($customField in $customFields) 
   	 	#if($customField.name.equals("Fix Version Build/s")) 
			#if($customField.getValue($issue)) 
          			<a href="https://athena.redprairie.com/hotfixes/hf_results.php?hf_num=$customField.getValue($issue)" target="_blank"> $customField.getValue($issue)</a>
      		#end 
    		#end 
	#end 
#end

#getReleaseNoteComment($issue $customFieldManager)

So we were simply referencing another field's value and then processing that.

Thanks for the help!

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 20, 2014

Er, no, this is completely wrong.

There are no "values" for velocity processed fields. They don't hold any data, so customfieldvalue is empty for them.

The way they work is to process velocity that is added to their default text, which is held in the field context. I can't remember the name of the table for that off the top of my head though, sorry. But, I *think* (please, don't hold me to this!) it is genericconfiguration

0 votes

Yep. Saw that, but it doesn't seem to be accurate - at least for our instance. An entry does exist in customfield, but there's nothing in customfieldoption or customfieldvalue despite having thousands of issues that do have that field populated.

So it would appear that the plugin is persisting the field values somewhere else.

0 votes
Mehmet Kazgan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 20, 2014

Yep. Saw that, but it doesn't seem to be accurate - at least for our instance. An entry does exist in customfield, but there's nothing in customfieldoption or customfieldvalue despite having thousands of issues that do have that field populated.

So it would appear that the plugin is persisting the field values somewhere else.

Mehmet Kazgan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 20, 2014

Those values are null in customvalue (customfieldoption), stringvalue, textvalue (customfieldvalue)?

Mike Lange March 24, 2014

Yep. Nothing.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 24, 2014

I already told you that you're looking in the wrong place.

(Edit) Sorry, that probably seems quite grumpy, I don't mean it that way. I'm afraid Mehmet is wrong about this particular type of field, and you need to read my original answer.

Suggest an answer