Where have epics from my board gone?

Ralph R July 20, 2015

I have just imported 26 Epics into a brand spanking new project,

When checking the Issue filter they are there and happy...

However they don't appear on my board anywhere (Screenshot below).

Screen Shot 2015-07-20 at 15.47.32.png

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ralph R July 21, 2015

Atlassian support got back to me very quickly on this.

The cause was somehow a duplicate isue type of Epic was created (not sure how but probably related to the very customised workflow I had to create recently).

Once this duplicate issue type was deleted order was restored to JIRA and the Agile boards.

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 20, 2015

Can you try a full reindexing and see if that helps? Also, check the logs for any errors.

Ralph R July 21, 2015

Tried multiple full locked reindexes and still not appearing.

I continued to import my stories and used the Epic link field populated with the relevent Epic JIRA key and they have imported correctly with the links intact.

So the same issues still remain of:

• Epics missing from the agile board
  • Unable to link a new story (created through Jira) to an epic (No Matches found)
0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 20, 2015

Can you check if the Epics and the other issues satisfies the board filter criteria? Check under Board configuration > General > Filter query

Ralph R July 21, 2015

The filter is the default one: project = MALV ORDER BY Rank ASC

also by clicking this link under configure I get a result set with all my Epics.

Ralph R July 21, 2015

Also after troubleshooting further. All of my existing projects are now missing their epics from the Board. Furthermore I can't link any new stories to any Epics. I get no matches found even when I use the name and ID.

Suggest an answer