Where has the global configuration of the agile boards gone?

Hilary Boyce
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 22, 2015

We have recently been moved to JIRA 7 and the new JIRA Software.  I am trying to change some of the global configuration that used to be available in the JIRA Agile section of the Add ons admin page but cannot find it anywhere.  Please can someone tell me how to find it.

6 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Martin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 23, 2015

@Hilary Boyce, I'm assuming you're referring to the global configuration for the Classic boards. Classic boards were removed from JIRA Agile in version 6.7.

There isn't a similar global configuration for the newer Agile boards currently, please add your voice to https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/GHS-6790 or please create a new Suggestion if you feel this does not cover it.

Kind regards,
Martin
JIRA Software

Hilary Boyce
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 4, 2016

That looks like an excellent suggestion - I have voted for it and will be watching it. (but not holding my breath!)

0 votes
Shawna Schnorr December 22, 2015

Being able to set the holidays /non-work days for all boards in one place seemed like basic functionality when we had it. Having to go to each board to do it is a waste of time.

0 votes
Hilary Boyce
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 22, 2015

Thanks Nic - that is really bad news.  We have over 100 boards, making a change that affects all of them will be a nightmare if it has to be done individually in future.  I have no problem with a board level over-ride but having to do everything per board is not an attractive proposition.

0 votes
Hilary Boyce
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 22, 2015

Thank you for replying Chander, but I 'm not after the configuration for the individual boards, but the global configuration that affects all of them.

I have been asked to see if I can add a field to those that are routinely on the cards - so that it isn't dependent on the project managers remembering to add it on a board by board basis (they often forget!).  I know I have done things with the global JIRA Agile configuration before.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 22, 2015

Most of the "global" stuff has been absorbed into the board configs now.

0 votes
Chander Inguva
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 22, 2015

Hey Hilary,

Browse the URL http://<BaseURL>/plugins/servlet/project-config/<Project-key>

• Click on Back to Project
  • You will see Board, click on Configure and probably you can go from there

Regards

Chander

Suggest an answer