Where does the logged time go when an issue is deleted?

John Edstrom July 10, 2013

I deleted some old issues from a defunct project before I thought to wonder where the logged hours go when the issue dies. Is there an orphan hours bin somewhere? I didn't see anything about this in the Tempo documentation.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alex Perez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 11, 2013

IMO deleting issues or projects is a bad practice. These operations sould be very unusual, never in the day to day basis work. Revoking browsing permissions is preferable to deleting issues-projects.

When you delete some issues/projects, since the spent time is bound to the issues so its deleted too. If they are some old issues/projects, likely the spent time happened in a closed (and very old) period, that is already billed to your customers ...

HTH

John Edstrom July 11, 2013

Thanks for the answer and suggestion. I'm a bit new to this and still working out the implications of the esoterics behind it. I'll fold this into the evolving SOP.

1 vote
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 11, 2013

Time is logged on the issue, even if it is via Tempo. When the issue is deleted, worklogs are gone too. There are no orphan hours as far as I know.

Suggest an answer