Where does JIRA 's Authorized Application's list information comes from?

Jesse Martinez June 27, 2017

I moved my confluence instance to another server with a different Base URL, however my JIRA instance keeps showing the old server name in my Authorized Application's list. Why? What file within my JIRA instance I should modify to show my current confluence server in the list and not my old server?

Please help

Any help for little that it might seem is welcome.

Cheers!

Jesse

3 answers

0 votes
Jesse Martinez June 28, 2017

Thanks again, I''ll do what you recommend and I'll post my results.. just one question:

If revoke and then delete and create a new link...  will it affect all the users in JIRA? or every user has to revoke on their own? I believe that to delete and create a link, only the admin can, correct?

Please advise

Thanks

Jesse

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 27, 2017

Hi Jesse,

Thank you for the screenshot.  I confered with my colleagues and you need to revoke the access to the old OAuth info from the page you showed me.  Next you'll need to delete the Application link that's currently in place and re-create it.

Re-creating the application link won't disturb any data.  If you change your baseURL the old auth is still tied to that so you'll need to clear that info out so at this point try the following:

1. Revoke the access for the old Confluence name
  2. Re-create the Application link

Let me know if that helps,

Branden

Deleted user July 24, 2017

Hi,

Eventhough I deleted and recreated both links (JIRA/CONFLUENCE) on both of my applications, my "Authorized Application List" Still shows my old Confluence server and not my new confluence server....

Please Help

Thanks

Jesse

Oauth_LInks_pointing_to_old_server.jpg

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 27, 2017

Hi Jesse,

1. Verify the old application link doesn't exist anymore in the UI or the database
  2. Next, delete the current application link and verify the name is correct as you want it to appear in the new Confluence instance.
  3. Verify the old Application Navigator Entry isn't in the database.
  4. Re-create the application link.

Note: If you do need to manipulate the database make sure to stop JIRA first and then restart once all database changes are made.

Hopefully this helps!

Cheers,

Branden

hi, thanks for your answer. Is there a way I can upload an image for you to have a better idea of what I'm talking about?

The application links on both my JIRA and Confluence are fine (they point to eachother perfectly) however on my JIRA server: https://my.JIRA_SERVER.com/plugins/servlet/oauth/users/access-tokens page the list named:

"The following applications are using your account to access JIRA data"

on applications that are using my account to access JIRA data, the page tells me that those applications belong to my old Confluence server, not the new server, and that is what I want to change.

Please advise

Thanks again

Jesse

somethingblue
Atlassian Team
June 27, 2017

You should be able to click the camera icon to upload the screenshot:

Screen Shot 2017-06-27 at 4.28.10 PM.png

APPLICATION_LINKS_USING_OLD_CONFLUENCE_SERVER_NAME.jpg

Suggest an answer