Where do I get help on how to upgrade to Greenhopper 6.1 (new epics)???

I cannot find information on how to upgrade to Greenhopper 6.1. The new epic functionality introduces a lot of changes and all I can find are release notes / what's new pages. Where is the guide that explains what to consider when upgrading an existing instance?

Before Epics where used as separate issues and linked to user stories. Now user stories are being labeled and therefore belong to an epic.

So how do I upgrade a < GH 6.1 instance to GH 6.1.x?

There are a lot of things to consider and I don't understand why Atlassian does not give us a heads up... for example:

• The whole Epic <> Story structure has is lost (the links still exist, but the are not considered / converted for the new Epic implementation)
  • Epics dissappear from the backlogs as own issues

1 answer

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

With the release of Greenhopper 6.1.3.1 they have finally released a migration path:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/GH/Migrating+Epics

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted yesterday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

54 views 1 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you