Where do I get help on how to upgrade to Greenhopper 6.1 (new epics)???

Fabian Meier
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 5, 2013

I cannot find information on how to upgrade to Greenhopper 6.1. The new epic functionality introduces a lot of changes and all I can find are release notes / what's new pages. Where is the guide that explains what to consider when upgrading an existing instance?

Before Epics where used as separate issues and linked to user stories. Now user stories are being labeled and therefore belong to an epic.

So how do I upgrade a < GH 6.1 instance to GH 6.1.x?

There are a lot of things to consider and I don't understand why Atlassian does not give us a heads up... for example:

• The whole Epic <> Story structure has is lost (the links still exist, but the are not considered / converted for the new Epic implementation)
  • Epics dissappear from the backlogs as own issues

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Fabian Meier
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 7, 2013

With the release of Greenhopper 6.1.3.1 they have finally released a migration path:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/GH/Migrating+Epics

Suggest an answer