Where do I find ScriptRunner?

Anthony Bouttell April 18, 2016

The Installation instruction for Script runner say

1. Log into your JIRA instance as an admin.
  2. Click the admin dropdown and choose Atlassian Marketplace.
  3. Click Find new add-ons.
  4. Locate ScriptRunner for JIRA via search 

ScriptRunner is no where to be found.

This is what was returned:

JavaScript Charts for JIRA Cloud
JIRA Command Line Interface (CLI)
ProtoShare - Interactive Mockups
vREST for JIRA
BlazeMeter Jira Plugin (BETA)
Cloud and DevOps for Jira (BETA)
Hiptest plugin - agile test management

I want to install the plugin. How do I do this if the finder cant find it?

1 answer

3 votes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 18, 2016

Hey Anthony!

Are you running JIRA OnDemand?  If so, ScriptRunner is not available for Cloud/hosted instances, sadly.  It's only available for Server installations.

Anthony Bouttell April 18, 2016

Ohhhh.. Utterly howling with frustration now....

Will it ever be available?

Mark McCormack _Adaptavist_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 18, 2016

Hi Anthony,

We're currently working on ScriptRunner for JIRA Cloud and have been for a good portion of this year, in fact I'll be presenting some of the features of what it will look like at Atlascamp.

I need to give you fair warning, the initial release will not have a lot of the features of ScriptRunner for JIRA Server. For example, you will only have access to extend Workflow Post Functions and not Validators nor Conditions (not technically possible for now).

There will also not be any JQL Functions nor Scripted Fields but there will be Script Listeners. You will have access to the Script Console and Built-in Scripts.

I hope that gives you sense of where it's at. I don't have timescales just yet but will just say "soon".

regards,

Mark

ScriptRunner - PM

Jeremiah Landi July 18, 2016

Mark,

I just looked up the ScriptRunner plugin and it said that it is still only for server. Do you have any rough inclination when this will be out for cloud? Are we looking at this year?

Mark McCormack _Adaptavist_
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 19, 2016

Hi Jeremiah,

Sorry it's not available now but I can definitely say it will be available this year. We have some functionality already but it is quite a small subset of the server version. Can you perhaps let me know what functionality you need or that you are hoping for?

Thanks in advance,

Mark.

Suggest an answer