Where do I find ParentIssueSummary in Jira Database?

Ovidiu Vasilescu March 23, 2015

Hello,

I'm trying to link Tableau to our JIRA database for some better visualization of results. However, after I import the database in Tableau and see all the tables, there doesn't seem to be any way to show the Parent Issue's Summary in the case of Subtasks; this information should be somewhere but I can't seem to find it - can anyone please tell me where in the database it's hidden or point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

Ovidiu.

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 23, 2015

It is not "hidden", it is derived by the business logic in Jira.  Whatever Tableau is doing, it cannot understand that logic because it would have to have a proper understanding of how JIRA works in order to derive it.

In a human explanation, you need to take each sub-task, and ask what its parent issue is and then read the summary for that.  The data is in the issue link table.

Ovidiu Vasilescu March 23, 2015

Thanks Nic, I was a bit afraid of that. I looked in issuelink and issuelinktype but it didn't seem it had the information - I assumed it was just somewhere else..issuelink.png

Suggest an answer