Where do I create teams that can be added to a new project?

Ken Nelson
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 2, 2024

Creating new projects, there is an option to add people or groups. Where do I need to create a group to have it available to select, rather than having to select multiple individuals with each project?

2 answers

0 votes
Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 2, 2024

@Ken Nelson, welcome to the community!

Are you referring to creating groups, or teams? If you want to create a new group to use in a project role, permission scheme, ect, here are some instructions.

If you want to create a new "team", please refer to these instructions.

I hope this helps!

Kian

0 votes
Dave Rosenlund
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 2, 2024

Welcome to the community, @Ken Nelson  👋

As a premium subscriber to the Atlassian platform, you have access to the “advanced plans” feature in Jira. This is where you can assign work to teams easily.

There may be other ways too, but this is the one that I’m most familiar with.

Check it out:

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/assign-an-issue-to-a-team-in-your-plan/#

Hope this helps,

-dave 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events