Where did the "Last Comment" field go?

George Carvill
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 9, 2014

We just upgraded from 5 to 6. In 5 I had a "last comment" or "most recent comment" or some such field displayed near the top of the main form. Now it is gone. I'm pretty sure it came from a plug-in, but I don't know which one.

I see it mentioned when I do some searches, but not in any plug-in I am familiar with.

Ideas anyone?

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
George Carvill
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 4, 2014

NEW ANSWER ...

This morning I took the update to the 2.2.1 update to ServiceRocket JIRA Utilities. The change was for JIRA 6 compatibility.

Now, magically, my last comment field is back in all its former glory.

Developer: ServiceRocket

Add-on key:net.customware.jira.utils.customware-jira-utilities

1 vote
Radu Dumitriu
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 4, 2014
Bertrand Drouhard January 15, 2019

This solves the issue without any need of an add-on... Custom field, that's it. Thanks Radu.

0 votes
George Carvill
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 26, 2014

I wrote a new listener using Slingshot.

That cures my problem.

It doesn't answer the question of where the field when during the upgrade.

0 votes
George Carvill
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 25, 2014

OLD ANSWER ...

I wrote a new listener using Slingshot.

That cures my problem.

It doesn't answer the question of where the field when during the upgrade.

0 votes
Theinvisibleman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 9, 2014

Hmm, I'm not sure which plugin you were using previously, but I managed to find this plugin - CCC Last Comment which seems like it could help your requirements.

There's also this feature request here which is requesting for the 'Last Comment' field to be a core feature of JIRA. For now, I would recommend that you do the following on the feature request ticket :

* Vote, so that it will receive more attention

* Watch it, so that you will receive any and all updates

* Comment, and give your opinion on the matter

Please note that the implementation of new features and improvement requests falls under Atlassian's Implementation of New Features Policy

George Carvill
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 9, 2014

Thanks. I saw teh CCC Last Comment paid add-in this morning. I know I didn't have that plug-in for JIRA 5 and I know that in JIRA 5 I was displaying the last comment on the main tab.

Suggest an answer