Where did my "uncommitted changes" in Portfolio go?

Christine Truong August 29, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Committing your plan changes

I am a first time user of Jira-Portfolio and I am trying to review before committing my changes in my plan. I recall that when I initially trialed Portfolio, I was able to review my changes to my plan before committing them. For some reason, I am unable to do so now. 

The bubble with the number of changes I have made is not orange (as in the article), but grey and instead of "uncommitted changes" next to the number, it simply has "recalculate". So, each time I try to click on the grey bubble with the number of changes, it recalculates my plan instead of opening the window with a list of my changes to review and commit.

My company is running JIRA v 7.1.9 and Portfolio v 2.0.5, which was recently updated. 

Any ideas on what I need to do to bring the review of "uncommitted changes" back?

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Martin Suntinger
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 29, 2016

Hey Christine - this sounds like you're in a Portfolio classic plan, vs. a Portfolio live plan. Classic plans (pre Portfolio 2.0) had a recalculate up the top, with the new integration in live plans and the uncommited changes capabilities, we've removed that. If you create a new plan, make sure you go directly through the plan creation wizard, only the small link at the bottom takes you to creating a classic plan. Not sure how much work you put into this already, but the best approach would be to start a new (live) plan. 

Suggest an answer