Where'd the new filter dropdowns on boards go?

Sean July 31, 2017

One of the first things my team noticed when we switched to the New JIRA were the new dropdowns at the top of our boards. In particular, the one that allows you to quickly filter by Assignee(s) (including Unassigned) was immediately well received. Way better than having to create and maintain a separate quick filter for each assignee. I have some issues with the new JIRA, but this particular feature was very useful.

Today, however, it seems those new dropdown filter menus are gone, and boards have reverted to their old setup. 

I'm wondering:

1. anyone else notice this?

2. if so, any way to re-enable this specific option?

2 answers

0 votes
Sean August 1, 2017

Actually, they seem to have magically reappeared today...image.png

Alex Christensen
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 1, 2017

Ah, I see - well, that's good!

I don't have a Cloud instance that's been converted to the new JIRA UI yet, so was a bit confused by your original question. Looks like they just consolidated all the Quick Filters to a single dropdown. Probably because you can have so many of them and can quickly clutter the board screen.

Anyways, glad this worked itself out for you!

0 votes
Alex Christensen
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 1, 2017

Are you referring to the fields found in Basic Search in the Issue Navigator? Here's a screenshot of what I'm talking about:

basic_search.PNGIf you switch to Advanced search, these four options disappear until you revert back to Basic search. To switch back, click the "Basic" link found in a similar place as the "Advanced" link seen in the screenshot above.

Sean August 1, 2017

Similar, but these were things that showed up directly on Boards. I believe there were 2: 1 for Assignee, and another dropdown that contained all your other quick filters.

Amusingly, I seem to be referring to what this post seeks to remove: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/JIRA-questions/New-Jira-Experience-Remove-Quick-Filter-Dropdown/qaq-p/608923

Suggest an answer